Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Bunny Explosion!

It's definitely Spring! Two of our lovely rabbit moms have blessed us with great litters.
One of them, Zoe was a test litter just to see if we could add some color to the rabbitry.
We have a lovely little holland lop boy that was purchased as a pet, and then left with us for safe keeping... sooo, since nobody around here eats for free - we put him to work.
So what happens when you cross this guy, with an New Zealand/Californian Mix like this girl?
Sorry for the blur... she was not a willing model when she noticed I was in the next box. 
This is the result of their mating... I'm so amazed/impressed with the beautiful colors. I'm going to gain some lovely pelts from this line!

We've never had a "broken"before, and in this litter we got two!  And just look at those reds?!
Broken gray/black
I'm so excited! 
We even got what I think may be otter colored... 

I love my bunnies!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment